'What's Wrong' with Liam Neeson and Jennifer Connelly?
Duo to star in Dustin Lance Black's new drama
After winning an Oscar for best original screenplay for "Milk" and pursuing an admirable campaign for a Harvey Milk Day in California, Dustin Lance Black is returning behind the camera. Rarely noted is that Black has directed a number of TV episodes as well as the cliche ridden gay melodrama "The Journey of Jared Price" (which he no doubt wants everyone to forget about ). Now, according to Variety, he's recruited Liam Neeson and fellow Academy Award winner Jennifer Connelly to star in his long in the works drama "What's Wrong With Virginia."
The story finds Connelly playing a charismatic, but mentally disturbed mother of a 16-year-old boy (yet to be cast) who has been having a secret affair with a local sheriff (Neeson). That relationship is tested when the sherif, who is also running for state senate, discovers her son is dating her daughter.
The film is being independently financed by Tick Tock Studios and Killer Films. No domestic distributor is set as of yet.
It's been the best and worst of times for Neeson this year. He suffered a tragedy with the death of his wife, Natasha Richardson, from a freak skiing accident only weeks after the biggest solo hit of his career, "Taken." He's currently portraying the Greek god Zeus in Louis Leterrier's "Clash of the Titans."
Connelly will soon be heard in Focus Feature's animated "9" (not to be confused with the musical "Nine") and recently finished production on the indie "Creation" alongside her husband Paul Bettany.
Production on "Wrong" is scheduled to begin in Michigan sometime this Summer.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead