Watch: Tyrion gets some, Cersei gets slap-happy in latest 'Game of Thrones' trailer
See King Joffrey get the open palm he deserves
HBO has released yet another new spot for the forthcoming Season 2 premiere of "Game of Thrones", this one boasting the cynical quote "The more people you love, the weaker you are" (gee, thanks for the pick-me-up, Cersei) to close things out.
As opposed to the last trailer, which focused much more on highlighting the epic, blood-letting action the new season has in store, this new promo noticeably puts an emphasis on the interpersonal relationships between the show's principals.
Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) in particular gets a lot of play this time around, at one point bellowing fiercely: "I'm not your little princess! I will take what is mine, with fire and blood!" We also get a little lip action between Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) and his new paramour, the beautiful Shae (Sibel Kekilli), as well as a fierce slap delivered to the cheek of King Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) by none other than his mother Cersei (Lena Headey) - a moment that will surely have Joffrey haters (which would be, well, pretty much everyone) squealing in delight.
I like that HBO took a different tack with this trailer, because by choosing to focus on the more intimate, small-scale details of the character relationships it actually shows us a lot of new stuff. There's nothing worse than one of those spots that claims to be "new", only to feel like a repeat of the last with just a few minor changes.
My grade for the trailer: A. After watching it below, rate it for yourself at top left!
Follow me on Twitter @HitFixChris
"Game of Thrones" Season 2 premieres on April 1.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 days ago
12 days ago
|Discuss Scripted Dramas on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013