Tom Cruise rips Robert Pattinson in new MTV Movie Awards promo
Les Grossman returns and you better not wash your hair
It's fairly obvious why Tom Cruise is reprising his Les Grossman character from "Tropic Thunder" in a series of new MTV Movie Awards promos. The bits allow him to promote his upcoming comedy thriller "Knight and Day" and poke fun at himself, something Cruise hasn't always been able to do in his "oh, so serious" career. It's unclear whether "Tropic Thunder" director Ben Stiller (a friend of Cruise's) or "Thunder's" screenwriter Justin Theroux (who recently wrote "Iron Man 2") were involved in the spots, but to say they have been more inspired than Grossman's character in the movie is an understatement.
MTV already debuted one spot where Cruise played both the over the top movie studio executive (no doubt inspired by Scott Rudin and David Geffen) coaching the real Cruise on the set of "Risky Business." Now, the network has released a new spot where Grossman chews out none other than Robert Pattinson for even contemplating washing his ever-oily hair. Very funny stuff whether you're a "Twilight" fan or not.
You can check out both spots below.
The MTV Movie Awards air on MTV Sunday, June 6. Look for complete coverage of the show on HitFix as the summer's big award show hits the airwaves.
News From Our Partners
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away