Watch: Timothy Olyphant uses his 'Justified' break to assist 'I Am Number Four'
Is he quirky or flirty?
Timothy Olyphant may have landed the role of his career as U.S. Marashall Raylan Givens on the hit FX TV series "Justified," but besides a few years on "Deadwood" the 42-year-old actor spent most of his time on the big screen. In fact, his numerous credits over the last decade include "Dreamcatcher," "The Girl Next Door," "Catch and Release," "Live Free or Die Hard," "Hitman," "A Perfect Gateway" and "The Crazies." Granted, most of those weren't big hits, but he's worked much more steadily than many of his peers.
In between season one and two of "Justified," Olyphant spent some time playing Alex Pettyfer's mentor, Henri, in D.J. Caruso's "I Am Number Four." If "Four" becomes the franchise DreamWorks is hoping it will be, Olyphant likely won't return, but his character is pretty important in the development of Pettyfer's John "I don't want to be a super-powered alien" Smith. It's not a stretch to say he's the Obi Wan Kenobi of the series (assuming it becomes a series).
The always charming Jenna Busch spoke to Olyphant for HitFix late last month and their conversation was…interesting. Olyphant is either trying too hard to be witty, burnt out from too many interviews or is just quirkier than most of us have been left to believe. Needless to say, it's certainly worth watching.
For Pettyfer's take on playing the "Four" in "I Am Number Four," click here.
"I Am Number Four" opens nationwide and in IMAX this Friday.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll