Watch the trailer for Adele's 'Live' DVD, screenings set for movie theaters
Singer recovering from surgery this week; new single set
Just as Adele recovers from her throat surgery this week, her camp has released a trailer for the singer's forthcoming "Live at the Royal Albert Hall," in addition to some movie theater screening for the first day of release.
The British chart-topper can be seen giving the riffs to some songs over to her audience, as well as showing some nerves, shedding some tears and telling some funny anecdotes. As previously reported, the 90-minute set will include her biggest hits like "Chasing Pavements" and "Rolling in the Deep," as well as covers of Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me" and The Steeldrivers "If It Hadn't Been For Love." A companion CD will be released with the concert film in tandem.
The Nov. 29 DVD/Blu-Ray will get a celebration as its screens in 26 cities across the planet, including four in North America (L.A., New York, Mexico City and Toronto). Check out all the screenings here. Tickets will be free to those who enter and win in a drawing for the limited shows, taking place on various dates in the middle of November.
"Royal Albert Hall" includes a performance of "Set Fire to Rain," which today has been officially dubbed Adele's next single from "21." ("Rumour Has It" may very well be the next after it.)
Adele was in a Boston hospital this week for surgery, to repair a benign polyp on her vocal cords. Her condition has kept her from the stage, forcing her to cancel many shows this fall. She is expected to make a full recovery, according to hospital representatives.
News From Our Partners
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- Rihanna Bares Butt on Instagram [Pic] Kid Ink to Release 'Almost Home' EP on May 28, Tour With Kendrick Lamar Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013