Watch: Taylor Swift tells off bullies in 'Mean' music video
Child-like empress is all tied up
Taylor Swift's third single "Mean" wants you bullies to just shut up.
The country-crossover star features in a Vaudevillian play, directed by Declan Whitebloom, as she shows mean-spirited boys and girls who's boss. A fashion-forward boy is harassed by the football team, a little girl shunned by the popular girls, a teen having to work a bummer job at the local fast-food joint... seemingly standard stuff from Swift, who has built quite a career on playing for the underdog.
But, hey, what's so bad about living in the country, versus the city?
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
The track peaked at No. 11 on the Hot 100 and now sits in the 50s range. The newest "Speak Now" single is rock-oriented "The Story of Us." Expect fewer white dresses.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1