Watch: Susan Boyle announces new album 'Someone to Watch Over Me'
Best-selling reality show star unveiled new song on 'America's Got Talent'
Susan Boyle has delivered a best-selling album for the last two holiday shopping seasons, and this year will be no exception. "Someone to Watch Over Me," due Nov. 1 via SYCO/Columbia Records, will be the Scottish singer's third full-length, an announcement unveiled during last night's episode of "America's Got Talent."
Boyle, who gained fame from her appearance on "Britain's Got Talent" in 2009, sang the song "You Have to Be There" on the realty show. The track was written by ABBA's famous Swedes Benny Anderson and Bjorn Ulvaeus for the musical "Kristina."
Watch the number below.
"I'm so pleased the audience enjoyed the song," Boyle said in a release. "I really loved performing that big number. I was also a little nervous introducing something new."
The title "Someone to Watch Over Me" is the same as the famed George Gershwin tune from the 1920s.
Boyle's "I Dreamed a Dream" (2009) and "The Gift" (2008) both made waves when they were released around the holiday seasons, hitting No. 1 on the albums chart.
News From Our Partners
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures