Stallone, Willis and Schwarzenegger make 'The Expendables' preview rock
A who's who of action icons including Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham, Jet Li and more
The famed trio is probably together for only one scene, but even in 2010 there's something exciting about watching Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and current California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on screen together. Part 80s nostalgia, part curiosity over why Willis and Schwarzenegger agreed, it's also a huge opportunity for Lionsgate to create some buzz about Stallone's upcoming old school action flick "The Expendables." Smart move.
If you don't like your action heros over 50, Stallone hasn't made the picture just for the geriatric set. Younger movie fans (like, guys in their 20s) should get off on seeing Jason Statham, Jet Li, Randy Couture, and Steve Austin along for the ride too. As for everyone else? Well, there's always Dolph Lundgren and Oscar nominee Mickey Rourke. There also appears to be some sort of plot involving South America, beautiful women and possibly the drug trade, but does it really matter when Sly and his crew are kickin' butt? No, we didn't think so either. Check out the new trailer for "The Expendables" below and judge for your self.
"The Expendables" opens nationwide on Aug. 13.
News From Our Partners
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title