Watch: Sarah Palin performs stand-up on 'The Tonight Show'
Guess she won't be taking that Letterman invite anytime soon
The former Republican vice presidential nominee turned into a standup comic on Jay Leno's "Tonight Show" Tuesday, dropping one-liners about the White House, Congress and Fey — the "Saturday Night Live" star known for her impression of the former Alaska governor.
Palin told Leno's audience she planned to speak at a gun-rights convention: "Be there or else," she warned them.
She said Alaska is different from California. In Los Angeles, "when people have a frozen look on their face, I find out it's Botox."
And she's happy she's not vice president. "I would not know what to do with all that free time," she quipped.
In remarks taped for broadcast later Tuesday, Palin said the White House health care plan reminds her of acrobatic flips done by snowboard champion Shaun White. And she joked that it's so cold in Alaska it's "5 degrees below Congress' approval rating."
She had some fun at her own expense, too.
Palin became fodder for late-night TV jokes when she was spotted looking at notes written on her palm during a speech in Nashville. She said she picked up the habit years ago from her father, a teacher, and "I'm going to keep doing it."
Earlier, she flashed her palm, which had "Good evening and welcome to 'The Tonight Show'" written on it.Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- Would You Rather… Hang Backstage with One Direction or the Jonas Brothers? Watch Kesha Perform 'Machine Gun Love' Live See Pictures of Your Favorite Celebrity Couples Now + Then
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- Will Smith Raps 'Fresh Prince' Theme with Jaden, Dances "Carlton" and "Apache" with Alfonso Ribiero 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6: Kurt Sutter to Launch 'Talking Dead'-Style Companion Piece? The CW's 'Cult' Returns from Cancellation June 28
- What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend Is The New 'Bachelorette' Engaged?
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz