Watch: Sam Rockwell in the new thriller 'Moon'
Sci-Fi flick another summer indie that could break out
It's been a slow start for the indie pics this summer, but last week's strong opening for the John Krasinski/Maya Rudolph dramedy "Away we Go" and the positive returns for "The Brothers Bloom" are good signs alternative fare can turn it around. This month has a number of other intriguing arrivals in the latest Woody Allen comedy "Whatever Works," the fantastic thriller "The Hurt Locker" and the Michelle Pfeiffer period romance "Cheri." But opening this Friday, however, is a rarity: a Sci-Fi indie.
"Moon" finds Sam Rockwell playing Sam (ha, convenient) an Astronaut working alone on the far side of the moon where he is mining a resource helping diminish Earth's power problems. With his three-year contract near an end, he's ready to return home until strange event start to unfold. To find out more about the movie, check out Drew McWeeny's review from Sundance or visit the official site. Or, check out the four clips from the movie below.
"Moon" opens in New York and Los Angeles this Friday. It expands nationwide throughout the month of June.
News From Our Partners
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters