Watch: Ryan Kwanten and Leslie Bibb fly the haunted skies in '7500' trailer
Jamie Chung and Amy Smart also go along for the ride
- Critic's Rating B-
- Readers' Rating B-
Get ready for ghosts on a plane, or something to that effect.
In the new trailer for CBS Films' "7500," "True Blood's" Ryan Kwanten and Leslie Bibb ("Talladega Nights") are among a group of air passengers and sexy flight attendants who encounter what appears to be a supernatural force on an overnight flight across the Pacific.
The other unlucky travelers include Nicky Whelan ("Hall Pass"), Jerry Ferrera (“Entourage”), Christian Serratos ("Twilight"), Jamie Chung ("The Hangover Part II") and Amy Smart (“Shameless”).
"7500" comes from the collective minds of the U.S. version of the J-horror film "The Grudge" -- producers Roy Lee and Taka Ichise, and director Takashi Shimzu. The teaser -- though brief -- recalls films of a similar nature (the Japanese and U.S. versions of "Pulse," "One Missed Call," and "The Ring" come to mind), where vengeful ghosts get into the machines (videotapes, cel phones, airplanes, or web sites) and wreak havoc on a circle of attractive young people.
The trailer's use of a creepy version of "Leaving on a Jet Plane" is a little too on-the-nose, and the pre-scary scenes look pretty painful to watch. However, the clip's frights do the trick, and it's nice that they don't give away just exactly what it is the passengers are up against.
What the trailer here:
"7500" takes flight on August 31. Fasten you seatbelt.
What did you think of the trailer? Grade it at the top of the story.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
10 days ago
29 days ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video] Oreo 'Wonderfilled' Ad – What's the Song?