Watch: Robert Pattinson seduced by Uma Thurman in steamy new 'Bel Ami' clip
Christina Ricci and Kristin Scott Thomas are the other objects of his affection
Ah, the sweet seductive powers of Robert Pattinson. Those dreamy eyes. That pasty skin. And that perfect, perfectly wonderful hair. No one can resist, not even Uma Thurman, as we see in this new clip from "Bel Ami."
In the film, the "Twilight" hunk stars as Georges, a broke veteran who smooth talks his way from poverty to high society -- and into the pantaloons of some of 19th century France's fanciest femmes, including , Thurman, Christina Ricci and Kristin Scott Thomas.
In the new clip (above), Madeline (Thurman) undresses a very lucky Georges as they discuss what's in a name.
The trailer, below, features all the period trappings, bodice-ripping and high-pitched melodrama you could ever want from a historical romance, which appears to have been made on the cheaper side of things. Everything looks great (sets, costumes, cast), but there doesn't seem to be much novelty here; the trailer makes the film seem like something we've seen a million times before. Still, when "Idol" kingpin Simon Fuller is among the exec producers, it's perhaps unfair to expect Merchant Ivory.
"Bel Ami" is based on the 1885 novel by Guy de Maupassant, and was co-directed by acclaimed stage veterans Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod. Colm Meaney also stars.
You can see "Bel Ami" On Demand May 4 and in theaters June 8.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman