Watch: Lil Wayne channels U2 in music video for 'Da Da Da'
Check out four new clips total over the holiday weekend
Lil Wayne is trying hard to be a rock star behind bars and with his genre-melding album "Rebirth," and what better way than to host a concert from a big city rooftop? I mean, The Beatles and U2 did it...
And it was precisely the latter that Weezy was channeling for his music video to "Da Da Da" from the rock 'n' rap album. Plex, a member of Wayne's backing band ¡Mayday!, told MTV that the "Where the Streets Have No Name" clip was an inspiration.
The result was Lil Wayne and the band taking over a balcony at the Marlin Hotel in Miami, over Super Bowl weekend in the host city. Helicopters get overhead shots of everyone bouncing around, while street-level cams mostly caught pretty girls looking up and pointing. And that's it. It doesn't particularly go anywhere from there, much like the song, but it certainly does get the rapper's personality in there.
This is just one of four Lil Wayne videos that MTV/MTV Jams is premiering over its long Lil Tunechi Weekend. While many of us will be spending the next three days being not-incarcerated, some of that time may be used catching "Knock Out" featuring Nicki Minaj, "Runnin'" and "Get a Life."
Those -- plus up to two dozen other music videos -- were shot before Wayne headed to Rikers in early March for a year, serving his sentence for a gun charge.
News From Our Partners
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures