Lady Gaga was to open for Michael Jackson's O2 tour
Watch: Pop star admits to being 'borderline positive' for Lupus on 'Larry King Live'
It was a long-running rumor that Lady Gaga was set to open up for Michael Jackson in what would be his 50-date O2 Arena stint in London last year, and now the pop star has confirmed what's been said was true.
Dressed in what could be described as a outfit somewhat mocking of Larry King, "The Fame" singer popped in on CNN's "Larry King Live" to discuss a couple pressing topic, from her health to the This Is It concert series. The episode is set to air tonight; check out the clip below.
"I don't necessarily like to talk about those very personal things that happened. I guess I can speak about it now. I was actually asked to open for Michael on his tour," Gaga told King. "We were going to open for him at the O2. And I suppose there was some talk about the openers doing some duets with Michael onstage. But Michael's death was devastating for me regardless of whether I was supposed to go on tour with him.
"Some of my fascination with death and the demise of the celebrity goes along with me watching these hugely iconic and amazing people that I have heralded and admired become destroyed, whether self-destroyed or destroyed by the media," she said furthermore.
But what of her own life, and of the talk that her recent health problems can be attributed to Lupus?
The 24-year-old performer said that the disease runs in her family and she's tested "borderline positive," though she says she shows no signs.
"So as of right now, I don't have it. But I do have to take good care of myself," she explained.
The show tonight will contain a teaser for her summer jam "Alejandro" music video, set to debut on June 7.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards