Watch: Lady Gaga releases 'prelude' to 'Marry the Night' music video
Almost two minutes of Mother Monster's weird accent, in a hospital
Lady Gaga has some feelings about reality and play-pretend. She wants to share some of those thoughts with you in "The Prelude Pathétique" to her next music video "Marry the Night."
Mother Monster is featured looking rather sick, with some orange lipstick, and otherwise sporting a weird non-accent as she narrates her stroll on a hospital bed through a nuthouse. She explains some artistic liberties taken with the outfits on the nurses that are rolling her. She'd like gummy bears. Somebody else wants gummy bears and a knife.
"The full prelude is 7 min 33 seconds & 15 frames," Gaga only sort-of explained on Twitter. Last week: "It's Not that I've been Dishonest, It's Just that I Loathe Reality."
It's all very mysterious -- typical Gaga -- in this two-minute clip. The "Prelude" comes ahead of what will apparently be her longest video yet, what Gaga calls a "film." She is directing this one alone, without the help of former creative director Laurieanne Gibson, who split with Gaga this month.
To remind yourself how "Marry the Night" sounds, here you go. It is the next single off of "Born This Way," after "You and I."
The full video is expected to debut by the end of the month.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer