Lady GaGa channels 'Vogue' and 'Rhythm Nation' in 'Alejandro' teaser
A sneak peek at GaGa's new video for all her little monsters
Lady GaGa is seemingly on a roll. She's filled the dance queen void Britney Spears dominated through the '00s, before slipping out of sight the past year and has slowly transitioned her initial image of hip, New York DJ turned singer to that of avant-garde pop performance artist. All within the span of two years, mind you (no rest for the weary).
The New York native's latest single is the ABBA/Ace of Base/Madonna inspired (take your pick) "Alejandro," a personal favorite of GaGa's. The video debuts sometime soon, but a teaser was just released in conjunction with GaGa's appearance on Larry King Love Tuesday night. The music video debut of noted artist Steven Klein, GaGa told King the video had a "homoerotic military theme" and "It is a celebration of my love and appreciation for the gay community, my admiration of their bravery, their love for one another and their courage in their relationships."
That's admirable, but both artists may have been a little too referential with the material. The preview appears strongly derivative of Madonna's iconic "Vogue" video (directed by David Fincher) and even Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation."
It's unclear when the complete video will be released, but we're reserving judgement until then. In the meantime, check out the teaser below.
News From Our Partners
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online