Kristen Stewart says Joan Jett told her 'Runaways' secrets she can't reveal
Co-star Dakota Fanning adds she'll only sing on the big screen and more
Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning were having a blast earlier this week when they met the press to discuss "The Runaways." The two "Twilight Saga" stars were reveling in being able to talk about a movie that doesn't deal with vampires and werewolves, but instead, real-life teenage rockers. The biopic is a big step for both actresses and if a sequel were even possible, it's hard to imagine them not jumping on board.
First on this reporter's agenda, however, was getting Stewart's reaction to her debut as a presenter at the 82nd Academy Awards. She claims she was nervous, but it doesn't seem like the huge television audience really phased her. Perhaps that's a benefit of having thousands of screaming fans cheer you on whenever you make a public appearance.
More intriguing though were the two actors thoughts on playing rock icons Joan Jett (Stewart) and Cherie Currie (Fanning). Stewart goes into detail about how closely she worked with Jett, an executive producer on the film, and how the legendary guitar player told her secrets about the band her life she can't reveal in interviews, but were integral to developing Jett on screen.
As for Fanning, it's amazing to see the 15-year-old growing up so quickly. Interviewing her a little over four years ago for "Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story," Fanning has gone from an incredibly intelligent 10-year-old to a very mature teenager with a confidence beyond her years. Oh, and for the record, as great as she sounds in the movie she has no plans to sing anywhere out of character anytime soon.
You can watch the entire interview embedded in this page, or watch a larger version here.
For photos of Fanning, Stewart and their good buddy Taylor Lautner at the LA premiere of "The Runaways" Thursday night, click here.
"The Runaways" opens in semi-wide release on Friday, March 19.
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When