Juliette Lewis gets her kicks in 'Whip It'
Actress turned rocker turned actress still a wild one
Let's be honest. Juliette Lewis is a strange one.
Ever since she broke through in the early 90s in Martin Scorsese's "Cape Fear," she's displayed an off kilter charisma that completely suited her for some crazy characters in flicks such as "Natural Born Killers," "Strange Days" and "The Other Sister" (OK, maybe not but just had to throw an "Other Sister" reference in there). Now, Drew Barrymore has made the excellent casting choice of having Lewis play the bad girl (or is she?) competition for Ellen Page's character in the new roller derby comedy "Whip It."
She's spent most of her 30s, however, concentrating on her music career. Currently, she's touring with her band "The New Romantiques" and as you can tell be the interview embedded in this story, she's in full rocker mode 24/7.
Check out Lewis' thoughts on working with her peer Barrymore and racing around the track in "Whip It." She's definitely a trip.
Find out more about "Whip It" or get tickets and showtimes by clicking here.
News From Our Partners
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)