Watch: Jordin Sparks covers Katy Perry's 'Hot 'N' Cold'
The American Idol 'calls the doctor' on BBC
It must be Cover Katy Perry Lightly week. Whereas William Fitzsimmons tried his hand at "I Kissed a Girl" earlier this week in our exclusive stream, Jordin Sparks gives us her best "Hot 'N' Cold."
The "American Idol" winner sang the Perry track live, appropriately, for BBC's Radio 1 Live Lounge on Oct. 12, with video hitting the 'Tube today.
The track is a little high for Sparks at times, and it seems like her mostly-acoustic backing band had about 5 minutes to practice this one, but she really pulls the grit off on this song. The pace is challenging but Sparks seems to be having fun with it. It'd be better if she could don some roller skates like they do in the video.
Sparks is still busy promoting her latest set "Battlefield," with that track receding on the singles chart. However, "S.O.S. (Let the Music Play)" is, well, battling to get airplay on radio, and not just on dancefloors.
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain