Watch: Jeremy Renner and Kathryn Bigelow talk 'The Hurt Locker'
Plus: Two intense scenes from the critically acclaimed film
One of the best films of the year is opening in Los Angeles and New York this weekend and it's a thriller you can't miss. "The Hurt Locker" may be the best Iraq-set film made so far even if the political reasons behind the war matter little in the context of the story.
A tour-de-force for director Kathryn Bigelow ("Point Break"), "Locker" follows an Army bomb squad on tour in present day Iraq. The trio played by Jeremy Renner, Anthony Mackie and Brian Geraghty risk their lives diffusing bombs in a number of strange and time-sensitive situations. How they handle the thrill and stress of their jobs provides insight into their characters and each clearly has a different point of view.
Speaking to the actors, we discussed shooting in Jordan and the difficulties of the exhausting heat. Bigelow and Boal gave some insight on how they were able to get the independently made film financed.
As a bonus, check out two riveting scenes from the film as well.
"The Hurt Locker" opens in New York and Los Angeles on Friday. It expands across the country on July 10. Don't miss it.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive