Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis, Charlie Day talk 'Horrible Bosses' on video
'Ryan Reynolds... is a ding-dong'
The horrible bosses of "Horrible Bosses" may all have their defining characteristics. But for the three protagonists and would-be assassins -- Jason Sudeikis, Jason Bateman and Charlie Day -- they seem to have just a pure appreciation for each other's comedy.
"I like the way your brain works," the "Saturday Night Live" cast member giggled at Day in HitFix's video interview with the three actors. Sudeikis and Day had previously worked on Nanette Burstein comedy "Going the Distance" together, and the former guest-starred in a recent episode of Day's regular show "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."
As for Bateman's other comedy pairings, he'd already worked with horrible boss Jennifer Aniston in "The Switch," but he'll soon be seen in "The Change-Up" with "Green Lantern" star Ryan Reynolds.
"Reynolds, on the other hand..." Bateman deadpanned. "Ding-dong."
It was a G-rated and absurdist comment that seemed appropriate coming from Bateman, who plays the straight guy in silly "Bosses"; Sudeikis performs as a hormone-happy scoundrel and Day is somewhat a reprisal of his wild card character on "It's Always Sunny."
And while Bateman's Nick suffers the wrath of his unhinged boss and enemy Dave Harken (Kevin Spacey) and Sudeikis' Kurt endures bratty idiot Bobby Pellit (Colin Farrell), it seemed that Day's character is enviable for his suffering under Aniston's Julia, a dentist who spends the movie harassing and attempting to seduce her assistant Dale.
"I wouldn't have minded playing a dental hygienist," Sudeikis said, grinning.
"Nobody wanted my poor boss," Bateman lamented.
Check out the full interview above.
"Horrible Bosses" is out on July 8. Check out HitFix's Drew McWeeny's review here.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed