Watch: James McAvoy and Emily Blunt love the ninjas gnomes in 'Gnomeo and Juliet'
Plus: McAvoy talks 'X-Men: First Class'
If you were to guess that putting Emily Blunt and James McAvoy in the same room would create an explosion of witty and adorable banter you would be right on target. The two Brits have never appeared on screen physically together, but they are united vocally for the first time in the new CG-animated flick "Gnomeo and Juliet."
Jenna Busch talked to the duo for HitFix a few weeks ago and discovered a number of interesting tidbits including that Blunt had no idea what parkour was (McAvoy mocked his own experience with it) and that the "Wanted" star grew up with not one, but three gnomes in his front yard.
McAvoy, who has been busy shooting "X-Men: First Class," was also quizzed if he'd gotten a chance to speak with Patrick Stewart, who also voices a role in "Gnomeo," about his experiences playing the mind reading Prof. Charles Xavier.
"He offered too, but I haven't been able to meet up with him yet," McAvoy says. "But, I've only got two weeks left, so hopefully he'll like it."
Audiences can discover whether they'll like "Gnomeo and Juliet" when it opens in 3-D nationwide tomorrow.
News From Our Partners
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama