Watch: James Franco takes the plunge in scene from Danny Boyle's '127 Hours'
Intense Aaron Ralston biopic has made audiences faint in Toronto
According to The Wrap, director Danny Boyle's new feature "127 Hours" is so intense it has caused three people to faint and may have contributed to one seizure during a screening at the Toronto Film Festival.
The film centers on the true life ordeal of hiker Aaron Ralston,(James Franco) who's arm was pinned under a rock in a narrow canyon while hiking alone. Ralston eventually amputated his own arm with a pocket knife in order to escape death. The harsh reality of this pivotal scene is what has overwhelmed some audience members, as Boyle did not pull any punches. Nonetheless, the film has garnered glowing reviews, including from HitFix, for both Franco and Boyle.
In the scene embedded above, Aaron has met two female campers, played by Amber Tamblyn and Kate Mara, and has taken them on an adventure to a hidden swimming hole. The crack in the stone is claustrophobic and you can maybe see how young Ralston ended up where he did.
"127 Hours" will reach theaters November 5th, 2010
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival