Watch: 'Iron Man' director Jon Favreau talks about 'Cowboys and Aliens'
Sci-fi/western stars Daniel Craig, Olivia Wilde, Harrison Ford
One of the many special guests at last week's WonderCon, Jon Favreau took a moment to talk to HitFix about his highly-anticipated sci-fi/western hybrid "Cowboys and Aliens."
The film, based on the 2006 graphic novel created by Scott Mitchell, is the latest effort from "Iron Man" director (and co-star) Favreau, and stars Daniel Craig (Bond, James Bond), Harrison Ford and Olivia Wilde ("TRON: Legacy"). The big names continue behind the scenes as well: Steven Spielberg exec produced, with Brian Grazer and Ron Howard producing.
In the film, amnesiac drifter Jake Lonergan (Craig) wakes up in the small Western town of Absolution, AZ in 1873, with a mysterious shackle on his wrist. Absolution is ruled by corrupt lawman Colonel Woodrow Dolarhyde (Ford, playing edgier than usual). Enemies at first, they must band together when the town is suddenly attacked by relentless alien forces, and it appears that Jake's shackle may hold a secret that can lead the humans to victory.
In the clip, director Jon Favreau (who also directed "Zathura") discusses how conventions are imperative to his films' success and that he revels in bringing exclusive footage to events like Comic-Con and WonderCon. Attendees of the latter were treated to previously unseen footage from the film.
Watch the Super Bowl spot for the film here.
"Cowboys and Aliens" opens nationwide July 29.
News From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1