Watch: Insane Clown Posse announce new album with crazy infomercial
'Mighty Death Pop' comes in three versions with bonus tracks galore
Fire, low riders, fast food, wrestling and Faygo? It must be time for another Insane Clown Posse album.
The Detroit rap duo's latest album "The Mighty Death Pop" arrives in stores in August, and it sounds as inescapable as the apocalypse. Violent J. and Shaggy 2 Dope announced the album with a typically bombastic infomercial featuring all of your favorite things. But, unless you're a hardcore Juggalo (or a "Saturday Night Live" writer), good luck sitting through the whole 18 minutes.
Emulating the sort of fear-mongering faux news of a number of cable programs, the video's opening sets the scene. A sinister voice runs through a brief descriptive history of ICP (the self-proclaimed "Most hated band in the world"), detailing their fierce independence, their undying loyalty and their peerless track record of "dropping cluster bombs of flavor." The message is that Mainstream America should watch out.
Watch and tremble:
"Pop" will offer 17 tracks produced by Mike E. Clark and featuring special guests Hopsin and Tech N9ne.
But that's not all.
"Pop" will be released in three versions, each containing separate bonus CDs (the video will break it down for you). Among the cover songs found on "Red Pop's" bonus disc "Covered, Smothered and Chunked" are songs originally by House of Pain, N.W.A., Eazy-E, Geto Boys and even "Christina Agulara." "Black Pop's" bonus disc is over an hour of Too Short-inspired "non-stop hoe flows," while "White Pop's" bonus disc contains Clark-supervised outtakes, remixes and extras that are "interesting-as-F*CK!"
Three more words that may entice you to buy: Color Me Badd.
Why don't other bands put this much effort into self-promoting an album? What would a Bon Iver infomercial look like?
ICP and thousands of make-up wearing fans will descend on Cave-In-Rock, Illinois for the annual “Gathering of The Juggalos” from August 8 – 12. There, The Posse will perform alongside Twiztid, Blaze Ya Dead Homie, ABK, Boondox, Clark, with many more to be announced. Juggalos need click here.
"The Mighty Death Pop" drops August 14.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman