Watch: Dianna Agron talks 'I Am Number Four' and 'Glee'
Why does the actreess think the FOX TV show took off when it did?
Dianna Agron has had a lot on her plate since hitting the mainstream with "Glee." Namely, after her small stint with "Burlesque" in the fall, she's stepped up as the main love interest Sarah Hart in "I Am Number Four," opposite of Alex Pettyfer's John Smith/Number Four.
HitFix's Jenna Busch sat down with the 24-year-old actress to hash out the realities and fantasies of her roles as a Gleek and a student in love with an alien.
She calls Sarah an "outsider," who is comfortable presenting "this is who I am, this is who I'm comfortable being," Agron says. Her character's affinity to get away and take on the world with photography is stopped somewhat short by the entry of Pettyfer's John into her life.
Meanwhile, playing Quinn on the hit FOX series has been a runaway success for her, and she's thankful that the show bowed at the right time.
"I think that it's all about timing. Glee wouldn't have worked five years ago or ten years ago," she says, noting that the country and the world has gone through heartbreak of weather (natural disasters) and economics. Movies like "Number Four" and shows like "Glee" put a fantastical spin on reality, "that doesn't put you in a place of discomfort or sadness. [Number Four] is heightened reality" because, frankly, alien attacks don't frequently pang the average high school student.
Check out all Agron has to say about Sarah and her reasons for joining the cast.
"I Am Number Four" is out today.
News From Our Partners
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)