Watch: Embrace your stereotype with two new '21 Jump Street' clips
If Channing Tatum is a handsome dummy, what is Jonah Hill?
- Critic's Rating A
- Readers' Rating A-
While I realize this pronouncement would've sounded laughable only a few months ago, the "21 Jump Street" movie actually looks pretty funny.
Further evidence that the film may have pulled off a miracle by being good (it's based on the '80s/'early '90s TV series starring Richard Grieco and some guy named Johnny Depp) comes courtesy of two new clips for the upcoming comedy, which stars Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill as two young police officers who go undercover as high school students to break up a drug ring.
In this first clip, Tatum's character struggles to remember the Miranda warning when asked to recite it by his commanding officer, who claims they had to drop the charges against a man he arrested due to his failure to recite it at the scene:
Clip #2 sees rapper/actor Ice Cube (playing Capt. Dickson) telling his recruits for the high school assignment ("You some Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus-looking motherf***ers") to "embrace (their) stereotype" before labeling Tatum as a handsome dummy and Hill as short and insecure (though good with money):
The buzz on this puppy is pretty dang good; let's hope it lives up to the hype when it hits theaters on March 16. In any case, these short clips are funny enough to garner an "A" grade from yours truly. Be sure and rate them for yourself at top left!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
11 days ago
29 days ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition