Watch: Demi Lovato tells fans she's ready to return to work after stint in rehab
Disney star releases video explaining some of her plight
NEW YORK (AP) — Demi Lovato says she's ready to go back to work and is thanking fans for lifting her up during what she calls "probably the darkest time in my life."
The 18-year-old Disney TV star entered a treatment facility last November to deal with "emotional and physical issues." Lovato, who starred in "Sonny With a Chance," had to drop out of a tour with the Jonas Brothers and it was revealed that she had fought with a backup dancer.
In a cheery video released on Cambio.com on Monday, Lovato told fans she's back home.
Lovato says she was dealing with issues that teen girls face but didn't say what they were. In the past, she has acknowledged cutting herself.
Lovato told fans they brought light in her life during her darkest hours and without them "I probably wouldn't be here today."
In the video, Lovato said she was ready to resume working. However, a statement released by Disney on Monday said Lovato's management would let them know when she is ready to return. While "Sonny" was on hiatus, Disney put the rest of the cast and crew to work on "So Random," the sketch comedy show within the "Sonny" series. Those episodes will begin airing in the spring, Disney said.
Copyright (2010) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
- 'Avengers 2′ — Joss Whedon Talks Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD Will Let You Hold It on Your Mobile Device Will Smith Raps 'Fresh Prince' Theme with Jaden, Dances "Carlton" and "Apache" with Alfonso Ribiero
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- WATCH: Gay Protest Turns Into Fashion Show What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' Game Of Desks Is HERE!
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC