Watch: Daughtry ponders 'Life After You' in new music video
'American Idol' star promises at least some more lights on tour
Daughtry is full-throttle promoting it's next single "Life After You," with a new video released in time for the band's fall tour kickoff.
This mid-tempo ballad has Chris Daughtry pondering his life on the road with the band, reassuring his wife that he'll call, he'll come home eventually and that there's "no life after you." A pretty sweet sentiment, although it's worth pointing out that more time is spent in the video of Chris jamming with the guys and having some laughs than on our curly-haired lady-in-waiting. It reminds me a bit of the same tendency in Jay Sean's "Down," where at first it's about the lady, but then closes with he and Lil Wayne buddying up.
Still, it's a sturdy second single, behind "No Surprise," from the band's album "Leave This Town." The group is about to embark on a big headlining fall tour starting next Monday.
Chris mentioned to Pop Eater that fans can expect "a way bigger show than what people are use to seeing. It's out of control. In the past, we had a few lights here and there, but production on this tour is going to be way bigger. For the fans who have seen us before, we want them to know it's going to be a very different show. The set is longer because we have two albums to pull from now."
The rock act is taking Theory of a Deadman and Cavo on tour with them as openers.
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video] Oreo 'Wonderfilled' Ad – What's the Song?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival