Dakota Fanning and Bryce Dallas Howard relish being bad vamps in 'Eclipse'
Plus: Find out just how vampires die in the 'Twilight' universe
Any actor in Hollywood will tell you -- well, any actor who is in it for the craft at least -- that playing a villain is usually the best gig you can get. Not for the paycheck mind you, but the joy of usually getting to go a wee bit over the top on purpose. Three actors got the chance to experience the fun of going bad as vampires in next week's expected blockbuster "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse."
There are numerous vampires in the "Twilight" universe -- some good, some bad. Dakota Fanning, who made her franchise debut in "New Moon," plays the painfully powerful Jane, a member of the Volturi clan in Italy with little sympathy for humans. Bryce Dallas Howard steps in as the evil Victoria, a speedster blood sucker who is out for revenge for the death of her beloved James (Cam Gigandent) in the first "Twilight" film. While Victoria has appeared in each installment, Howard replaced Rachelle Lefevre in a bizarre re-casting by Summit before production began on f "Eclipse." Rounding out the vamps is newbie Riley, a pawn of Victoria's played by relative newcomer Aussie Xavier Samuels.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
Speaking to Howard, Fanning and Samuels, its clear they really enjoy the opportunity to be part of the "Twilight" universe and the outrageousness of their roles. Check out the interview embedded above this story for more, but be careful. These actors have been trained to bite.
What do you think of the blood sucking trio?
"The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" opens nationwide and on IMAX on June 30.
News From Our Partners
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'