Watch: Beyonce teases 'Why Don't You Love Me' video with cutoffs, cars
'Sasha Fierce': The gift that just keeps on giving
It's been about a year-and-a-half since Beyonce released "I Am... Sasha Fierce," but that clearly doesn't mean that she and her label are about to give up promoting it yet.
"Why Don't You Love Me" will be the ninth single culled from the November 2008 set, and the music video is due "very soon" according to the pop singer's website.
There's a teaser clip in rotation as of yesterday, featuring Bey in Daisy Dukes, fishnets, a bandana and retro haircut, sunglasses and some bra-less plaid. (Yup, that's what I wear whenever I do some work on the car on a warm Saturday.) Behind the home-video stylings is some rinky-dink '50s promo jingle-like musics, which sounds absolutley nothing like the '70s-inspired Soul Train tunage on "Why Don't You Love Me." But, hey, it's still a drastic change from Honey-B's "Telephone" video Bettie Page get-up with Gaga.
Then there's the factÂ that the sweet li'l firecracker is having the darnest time fixing that ol' car. Just where is Rosie the Riveter around when you need her (we can do it!).
So that leaves the question, posed purposefully ambiguous: Just where and when is Beyonce taking us?
Still, this was a slammin' song from her set, one of her strongest vocal performances.
"Sasha Fierce" has been made over into a deluxe reissue and a live concert DVD. Beyonce has said that she's taking time off from music in 2010, but we hardly believer her.
Compare the teaser to the song itself, both below. Do you think it'll be a good fit?
News From Our Partners
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite