Watch: Arctic Monkeys debut new material, announce tour dates
Have you been stoned today?
The U.K. rockers debuted a new song, "Brick by Brick," and video to go with it late last week. The '60s-styled rocker, to these ears, is really big and stoner-dumb -- which doesn't have to be a bad thing. Turner didn't go too out of his way on the loquacious tip, keeping the lyrics simple and allowing his voices to be buried under some proggy muck toward the end. There's solos and sexy amplification. It may not be their masterpiece, but a great indicator of classic rock 'n' roll to come.
The track will purportedly be included on the rockers' new, forthcoming effort, details pending. It'll be the follow-up to their last "Humbug."
The news is further amped by the announcement that AC will be pounding pavement(s) in the U.S. on their first North American tour in a year. Dates below
News From Our Partners
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More