Watch: Alicia Keys loses it all in 'Doesn't Mean Anything'
Another addition to Artist Singing in the Desert music video genre
All that belongs to Alicia Keys goes up in smoke, literally, in the new music video for "Doesn't Mean Anything."
What starts out as harmless, multi-view shots of the artist at her piano in her swanky apartment warps into a green-screened and CGI wasteland, ultimately leaving the singer to herself on what I purport to be the Fantasy Mesa of Loneliness.
It's another fine addition to the Artists Singing in the Desert genre, although the special effect don't come off as realistically as hoped.
Keys makes for a good lip-syncher and believable heartbroken soul, but Leona Lewis may top her in her video for "Happy." Read what we thought of that video here.
Read what we thought of the single itself here.
Keys is prepping for the release of her next album "Elements of Freedom," due Dec. 1, and is actually including college classrooms as part of her promo deal. She's speaking to classes on -- you guessed it -- freedom.
Starmaker and Sony's Chief Creative Officer Clive Davis told me last week in an interview that the record is nearly ready and bragged for Keys and her knack for independence. "Alicia works by herself. She's a songwriter, arranger, producer. It's a different kind of situation, working with her. When Alicia does her album and plays it for us, it's over. It's done. We don't have to do anything else to it."
News From Our Partners
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard