Watch: Action-packed new footage from 'Torchwood: Miracle Day'
Bill Pullman, Mekhi Phifer join franchise regulars for 10-part STARZ mini-series
After giving us two quick teasers without any actual footage, BBC and Starz have finally unleashed a look at the upcoming mini-series "Torchwood: Miracle Day."
The new series in the long-running franchise spun off from "Doctor Who" features "Torchwood" vets John Barrowman, Eve Myles, and Kai Owen, plus new faces Mekhi Phifer ("E.R."), Alexa Havins ("All My Children") and Bill Pullman ("Independence Day").
In the L.A.-set "Miracle Day," the world's population suddenly stops dying, causing a number of potentially catastrophic crises. An American agent (Phifer) investigates the possible conspiracy behind the mystery and it leads him to the Torchwood Institute and franchise regulars Barrowman and Myles. Pullman plays a deathrow inmate who appears to have a part in solving the mystery.
The 10-episode, hour-long series also features such notable guest stars as Arlene Tur ("Crash") and Lauren Ambrose ("Six Feet Under"), Wayne Knight ("Jurassic Park"), C. Thomas Howell ("Southland"), Ernie Hudson ("Ghostbusters"), Nana Visitor ("Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"), John DeLancie ("Star Trek: The Next Generation"), Mare Winningham ("Mildred Pierce") and Frances Fisher ("Titanic").
"Torchwood" creator, writer/producer Russell T Davies, is executive producing the new series, along with BBC Worldwide Productions' Julie Gardner.
"Torchwood: Miracle Day" premieres on STARZ on July 8 at 10pm ET/PT.
News From Our Partners
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures