Watch: ABC's preview of 'We Are The World' remake
What, you didn't think it'd go hip-hop?
ABC got the exclusive look inside the studio where stars were remaking the 1985 charity single "We Are the World," and it's as disparate as you could imagine.
There's 15-year-old Justin Biebe next to 83-year-old Tony Bennett, as the anchors noted, and Celine Dion singing her solo. Lil Wayne took Bob Dylan's solo and Janet Jackson stepped up to sing her late brother Michael's.
Consider it Will.I.Am-ified, as a booming, hip-hop leaning beat plays behind the group. Obviously, this thing isn't mixed yet, but the choir doesn't seem to be as clear as the original.
In solidairty with the peformers and Haiti, we put one hand to our ear like we had studio monitors on and bobbed our head along.
The single will be released in 3D on the opening night of the Vancouver Winter Olympics, on NBC Feb. 12.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra