Iceland volcano update: Miley Cyrus, Nas, Usher, Adam Lambert can't kick ash
What other music artists are still being affected on tour?
The ash spewing from Iceland's volcano eruption put a damper on Coachella fans who were eager to check out acts like Gary Numan and Frightened Rabbit at the California festival: planes taking off from the U.K. and abroad were grounded.
Cyrus had to skip the London premiere of her new film "The Last Song."
Usher, who was set to promote his newest "Raymond vs. Raymond" in Britain with some spot performances had to ground those plans, even though his single "OMG" is blowing up there.
As did Adam Lambert, who skipped his U.K. plans in between Australia, Singapore and the GLAAD Awards.
Whitney Houston got an excused other than "health" to skip three of her European arena tour dates -- although she did manage to take a ferry to Ireland for her weekend shows. Well played!
London's Electric Ballroom will be less electric on Wednesday night, as Nas and Damian Marley -- performing under the moniker Distant Relatives -- have had to stay put in the U.S. til the darkness dies down.
Sharon Jones and her Dap-Kings are stranded in Europe, between London and Amsterdam, which means they are missing their "Late Night with David Letterman" and NPR appearances.
And the poor Mary Onettes. They're down and out on more than a dozen U.S. tour dates, one of their first major stints since the announcement of their excellent 2009 album "Islands."
News From Our Partners
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart