Vince Vaughn is reportedly cheating with Ron Howard
(cough) Oscar winner's first comedy since 'Edtv.' Who's excited?
After spending the better part of the past five years helming two "Da Vinci Code" thrillers and the Oscar-nominated drama "Frost/Nixon," Ron Howard is heading back to comedy. Most don't realize the "Apollo 13" director has a long history in laughers starting with his debut "Night Shift" and then "Splash," "Gung Ho," "Parenthood" and the disappointing "The Paper" and "Edtv." Now, Howard is teaming up with Vince Vaughn for a new untitled comedy about infidelity.
Written by Alan Loeb, the new project is generically described as "an exploration of the comedic fallout surrounding infidelity between lovers and friends." At least, that's the word according to trade publication Variety.
The Universal Pictures release will be co-produced by both Howard and Vaughn through their respective Imagine and Wild West Picture show companies.
Howard is coming off the Tom Hanks thriller "Angels & Demons" which grossed over $485 million worldwide. Vaughn just starred in and produced the ensemble comedy "Couples Retreat" which was one of Universal's few bright spots in 2009.
Production on this new project is expected to begin this Spring in Chicago.
News From Our Partners
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million