Video of the Day: Drew McWeeny visits the town of Dirt for his "Rango" review
Coolest "stand up" ever
Often times for press events a studio will have a little area set aside for "Stand-ups." As the name implies, it's a spot for the correspondent to stand in front of a camera and introduce the other interviews they have done with the filmmakers and stars. Usually with a large prop from the movie or some kind of gag, but nine times out of ten the backdrop is only slightly more interesting than a movie poster.
Every once in a while, however, a studio will go the extra mile to produce a standup that's really special. Check out what they did for "Rango." They dropped our own Drew McWeeny into the town of Dirt with what appear to be multiple angles and multiple takes. To a certain degree it's a sign of the times that what used to take days of processing power and a full effects studio can happen in a few minutes at a press junket. For this and for Mr. McWeeny's tremendous ability to act with cartoon characters and muppets, this is the Video of the Day.
Watch the standup embedded above, and read the review here.
"Rango" opens in theaters this Friday, I highly recommend it.
Alex Dorn is the Video Editor for HitFix.com
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?