Video of the day: Colin Farrell, Ed Harris and company crossing the ice bridge in 'The Way Back'
Saoirse Ronan starts a very slippery run
New clips were released today from the director Peter Weir's 'The Way Back.' The film is about a group of prisoners who escape from a Siberian gulag on foot all the way to India during World War II. They must brave the elements of extreme heat and cold and even cross the Himalayas to reach their freedom. Starring Ed Harris, Colin Farrell, and Jim Sturgess, the film is based on "The Long Walk," a memoir by Slawomir Rawicz.
His first film since 2003's "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World." Peter Weir appears to have spun a pretty gripping tale with "The Way Back." In this clip "Crossing the ice bridge" The prisoners and a little girl Irena (Played by Saoirse Ronan) run over a melting bridge of ice in order to forge a river. Tension and cold permeate every frame of film and the faces of the actors show nothing but determination and fear. The clip really makes you want to see this film, and put on a sweater, fitting for the video of the day.
Look for more clips from "The Way Back" in our video section. The film opens January 21st
News From Our Partners
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling