VEVO's redesign and relaunch is more Facebook music-friendly
Integration in the most popular social network stokes rumors of purchase
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — With TV screens and social networking in mind, the music video site VEVO has launched a significant redesign.
The new VEVO features a bigger player, continuous playback of videos and personalized playlists synced with user iTunes libraries and Facebook pages.
VEVO, which is co-owned by Sony Music and Universal Music, debuted the new design Friday.
The Facebook integration will likely further stoke rumors that the social network is interested in purchasing VEVO. Michael Cerda, senior vice president of product at VEVO, declined to comment on those reports.
Cerda said the new VEVO was designed to transition the site from a "snackable" website to "a personalized, social and long form experience."
Cerda also said VEVO is planning to do "a lot" to migrate to TV screens, a prospect that will likely further comparisons of VEVO — in its focus on videos and live performance— to a young MTV. VEVO is currently piped to TVs via Boxee and Goggle TV, but Cerda said VEVO will soon be connected to "other connected devices" like the Nintendo Wii and PlayStation.
In January, VEVO had about 717 million streams, according to ComScore.
Copyright (2011) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born