USA commits to 'White Collar' crime
Character-driven dramedy stars Matthew Bomer and Tim DeKay
The Fox Television Studios production focuses on a pair of long-time adversaries, a charming criminal mastermind (Matthew Bomer) and a dogged G-man (Tim DeKay). Facing capture and jail-time (or the tsouris of breaking out of prison once again), the con artist offers to help his FBI contemporary track down other criminals in exchange for his freedom.
In addition to Bomer ("Chuck") and DeKay ("Tell Me You Love Me"), "White Collar" stars Tiffani [No more "Amber"] Thiessen ("Saved By the Bell," "Beverly Hills, 90210") and Will Garson ("Sex and the City").
"'White Collar' is the perfect complement in our hot summer line up of character-driven originals that continue to draw loyal audiences to USA Network," say Jackie de Crinis, USA's vice president for original scripted programming. "The strength of the show's lead characters, smart writing and crisp direction are key elements that we believe are the tentpoles of another compelling series."
The series was created by Jeff Eastin ("Hawaii"). The 90-minute pilot was directed by Bronwen Hughes ("Burn Notice") and will be followed by 13 hour-long episodes. "White Collar" will be shot on location in New York.
This is USA's second pilot pickup of the year, following "Royal Pains," starring Mark Feurerstein, which was ordered in January. "Royal Pains" will similarly launch with a 90-minute pilot, followed by 11 hour-long episodes.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'