Universal's 'Woody Woodpecker' update adds screenwriters
'The Lorax' producers tap 'Beavis and Butthead' scribes to adapt classic cartoon
Ha ha ha HA ha!
Woody Woodpecker will be the latest vintage cartoon character to get the big screen treatment, and Illumination Entertainment have found screenwriters for the job.
John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky have been hired to write the script, according to Deadline.com. They've previously written for the Mike Judge shows "Beavis and Butthead" and "King of the Hill," as well as writing Will Ferrell's "Blades of Glory." They also served as producers on Judge's 2009 live-action comedy "Extract," starring Jason Bateman, Mila Kunis and Ben Affleck. All of these things are funny, so that's a promising sign.
Illumination, who scored hits with "The Lorax" and "Despicable Me," set up the animated adaptation (presumably CGI) at Universal.
First appearing in 1940, the Walter Lantz-created character starred in hundreds of short films, and made the transition to TV in the 1960s.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters