Universal wants you to come so bad with new 'American Reunion' trailer
Learn what you can do with a well-placed thumb in latest spot
- Critic's Rating B+
- Readers' Rating C+
In the summer of 1999, everything looked just dandy for the cast of "American Pie", didn't it? And yet the majority of their so-called future brilliant careers fell apart quicker than the first season of "Taradise". I mean who would've thunk that the nerdy scene-stealing chick from "Buffy" would've bested them all in the end? Certainly not me.
In any case, it's almost 14 years later now, the fourth official trailer for "American Reunion" has hit the web (remember dial-up, everybody?), and it's crammed full of all the nostalgia-inducing franchise signposts you'd expect.
Hoping for a little of that ol'-school toilet humor? Hey, there's Seann William Scott taking a poo in an ice chest! Stiffler's mom was one of your secret '90s obsessions? Don't you worry - Jennifer Coolidge's chest and leopard print furniture have got you covered. Yearn for the days when Shannon Elizabeth was still a culturally-relevant sex symbol? Well then watch "Thirteen Ghosts", because there's a new buxom brunette in town...and she's only 18 years old, and she wants to sleep with Jason Biggs, whose character is now married to and has a child with Alyson Hannigan's character! Oh, and he used to babysit the buxom brunette, which makes the whole thing even more awkward especially when she's speaking in double entendres! Ha!
Look, I can't deny it's nice to see these kids on-screen together again (despite the fact that they're all super old now), and I must say that Universal has done a damn fine job of inserting radiant, blink-and-you'll-miss-it reaction shots of each and every one of them. Hell, Mena Suvari even gets a line!
My grade for the new trailer: B+. After watching it below, be sure and rate it at top left!
"American Reunion" hits theaters on April 6th.
Follow me on Twitter @HitFixChris
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
11 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When