'Twilight's' Kellan Lutz and 'Terminator's' Thomas Dekker find a 'Nightmare'
Rooney Mara also join the new 'Elm Street' cast
Director Samuel Bayer already found his new Freddy Krueger in Jackie Earle Haley and now it's time to round out the cast with some victims for the highly-anticipated reboot of "A Nightmare on Elm Street." And, not surprisingly, two actors from popular franchises are joining the horror flick: "Twilight's" Kellan Lutz and "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" Thomas Dekker.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Lutz would play a "popular high school jock" and Dekker is on board as an "alpha male" attempting to get back together with his girlfriend. Also joining the cast is Rooney Mara (the upcoming "The Winning Season" ) who will play a girl literally dying for graduation day so she can get out of town.
New Line previously announced that Kyle Gallner would step into the role Johnny Depp played in the original 1984 picture.
Lutz is currently shooting "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" in Vancouver, reprising the role of Emmett Cullen he originated in the blockbuster "Twilight" last year. "Elm Street" is already planning on scheduling his scenes for later in the shoot so he can make both films work. Lutz has also appeared on "90210" and "Generation Kill."
Dekker has finished his second and most likely final season as John Connor on the "Terminator" TV series. The 21-year-old actor was screwed out of the leading role in the upcoming remake of "Fame" because of his TV schedule, but will be seen later this summer in "My Sister's Keeper" alongside Cameron Diaz and Abigail Breslin.
This new "Nightmare" begins production in Chicago on May 5.
News From Our Partners
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'