'Twilight: Eclipse' soundtrack gets a June 8 release date
So is Muse going to be on this thing or what?
The soundtrack to the "Twilight: Eclipse" film will be released on June 8, according to Amazon.
Atlantic/Chop Shop has confirmed the date, though a rep did not indicate what artists have and will make the cut.
Muse has been the oft-repeated rumored artist to be included, considering the band contributed track to the first two "Twilight" films. However, Muse drummer Dominic Howard told Dose early last month that, while the band was prepping a "love song" for the release, it was ultimately dropped.
"It’s the people in the movie business -- completely outside of the writers and the creative types, the non-creative types I suppose -- are the people who are quite hard to deal with in Hollywood, so it didn’t work out," Howard said. The British space-rock outfit will hold on to the untitled track for a future release.
Adam Lambert threw his hat in the ring late last year as he released "For Your Entertainment," saying his song "Suburban Decay" would fit perfectly into the vampire flick. No word yet what the "Twilight" music folks think of the submission.
Director David Slade is helming this effort, the third movie in the "Twilight" series, and Alexandra Patsavas is back as music supervisor; their favorite acts may be the next to hop on the soundtrack series, so somebody tap into their iPods, already.
The last two "Twilight" soundtracks -- the first film and sequel "New Moon" -- both went multi-platinum.
News From Our Partners
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman