TV Ratings: With CBS in repeats, 'Glee' & 'New Girl' carry FOX to Tuesday win
CW's 'Remodeled' opens small, and 'Last Man Standing' proves to be ideal lead-in for more 'Last Man Standing'
Fast National ratings for Tuesday, January 17, 2012.
FOX's Tuesday lineup was in originals for the first time in more than a month, while CBS took the night off, leading the home of "Glee" and "New Girl" to an easy win in the Nielsens. Meanwhile, ABC's decision to replace the canceled "Work It" with "Last Man Standing" repeats (until "Cougar Town" returns on Valentine's Day) proved wise in the first attempt, and the CW's "Remodeled" got off to a very slow start.
Though CBS was the most-watched network, with their repeats averaging nearly 10 million viewers for the night, FOX won in the 18-49 demographic with a 2.9. NBC was actually second with a 2.1 thanks to "The Biggest Loser," ABC third with a 2.0 and CBS fourth with a 1.8. The CW trailed way behind with a 0.4 demo rating.
8 p.m. - "Glee" won the hour for FOX with a 3.0 demo rating and 7.5 million viewers overall, slightly up from the last new episode on December 13. "Last Man Standing" was actually up over last week's episode, with a 2.6 demo rating and 8.6 million viewers overall. More importantly, the repeat at 8:30 held onto 76% of the audience from the 8 p.m. episode, where "Work It" held onto only 72% of the demo audience and only 64% of the overall audience last week. An "NCIS" repeat (2.2, 13.1 million) on CBS was third, followed by the first hour of "Biggest Loser" (2.1, 6.4 million) and the CW's "90210" (0.5, 1.2 million).
9 p.m. - "New Girl" (3.4, 6.9 million) returned slightly up from its last new episode, and "Raising Hope" (2.3, 5.1 million) was about even, combining to win the hour for FOX. "Biggest Loser" (2.4, 6.8 million) carried NBC to second for the hour, followed by ABC's "Celebrity Wife Swap" (2.1, 5.9 million), an "NCIS: LA" repeat (1.7, 9.3 million) for CBS and the tiny debut audience for "Remodeled" (0.3 rating, and only 707,000 viewers).
10 p.m. - NBC's "Parenthood" (1.7, 4.9 million) edged out ABC's "Body of Proof" (1.6, 7.9 million) and an "Unforgettable" repeat (1.5, 7.3 million) for the hour's demo crown, though it was the least-watched of the three.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed