TV Ratings: Sunday Games Favor CBS and FOX
FOX claims the 18-49 demo, while CBS Wins in overall audience
Fast National Ratings for Sunday, Dec. 7, 2008.
Carried by long-running NFL games, FOX was able to grab the Sunday night demo crown, while CBS won the night in total viewers.
FOX won the 18-49 demographic with a 4.6 rating in the key range, though the network's totals were heavily influenced by NFL overrun, rather than normal programming. ABC was second in the key demo with a 3.7 rating, followed by NBC's 3.6 rating. CBS was fourth with a 2.8, still easily beating the 0.5 rating for The CW.
In total viewers, CBS averaged 11.99 million and a 7.6 rating/12 share for the night. FOX was second with a 6.7/10, nipping the 6.6/10 for ABC and the 6.1/9 for NBC. The CW stayed fifth with a 1.0/1.
FOX's football coverage had an 11.5/18 in the 7 p.m. hour. CBS Was second with an 8.9/14 for "60 Minutes." The ABC special "Ty Pennington: Behind the Scenes" had a 3.5/6 for third, beating NBC's NFL pregame. On The CW, "Jericho" had a 0.8/1, better than the previous set of MRC Sunday programming.
NBC's football game between the Ravens and Redskins had a 7.0/11 to with the 8 p.m. hour. CBS was second with a 6.3/10 for the season finale of "The Amazing Race," nipping the total for ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,." FOX's "The Simpsons" and "Family Guy" drooped to a 4.8/7, leaving The CW's airing of "The Cutting Edge" in last with a 1.0/2.
ABC grabbed first at 9 p.m. with a 9.9/15 for "Desperate Housewives." NBC's football was second with a 7.7/11, while CBS got a 7.1/10 for the first hour of the telefilm "Front of the Class." FOX's "Family Guy" and "American Dad" and The CW's movie trailed.
CBS' movie improved to an 8.0/13 in its second hour. ABC's "Brothers & Sisters" had a 6.9/11 for second, better than NBC's football.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18