TV Ratings: 'Prison Break' tanks in Friday return
CBS and ABC split Friday as 'Prison Break' can't even muster 'Dollhouse'-sized audience
Fast National ratings for Friday, April 17, 2009.
"Prison Break" shifted to Friday night and did dismal ratings numbers for FOX. On the bright side for the network, the show has already been cancelled. On the bright side for FOX, the "Prison Break" numbers almost make "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and "Dollhouse" look great in comparison.
Oh and ABC and CBS split the night.
ABC won in the key 18-49 demographic, doing a 1.6 rating. CBS and NBC tied for second in the demo with a 1.4 rating, beating the 1.0 rating for FOX. The CW's 0.5 rating trailed.
Overall, though, CBS averaged an estimated 6.55 million viewers and a 4.4 rating/8 share. NBC was second with a 3.8/7, followed closely by the 3.5/6 for ABC. FOX's 2.0/4 and The CW's 0.9/2 followed.
CBS won the 8 p.m. hour with a 4.5/9 for a repeat of "Ghost Whisperer." ABC's "Wife Swap" was second with a 3.7/7. NBC's "Howie Do It" averaged a 2.0/4, beating the 1.8/4 for a repeat of the season's most recent "Prison Break" on FOX. The CW's repeats of "Everybody Hates Chris" and "The Game" trailed.
A repeat of "Flashpoint" gave CBS a narrow 9 p.m. win with a 4.2/8, nipping "Dateline NBC." ABC's "Supernanny" had a 3.2/6 for second, topping the 2.2/4 for FOX's new "Prison Break." That "Prison Break" episode averaged a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demo and 3.38 million viewers. The show will return to the 8 p.m. slot next week. Meanwhile, The CW was last with a repeat of "America's Next Top Model."
NBC won the 10 p.m. hour with a 5.4/10 for "Dateline." CBS' "Numb3rs" repeat had a 4.5/8, beating ABC's "20/20" for the hour.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats