TV Ratings: Preseason football, 'Big Brother' lead Sunday Nielsens
Exhibition pigskin and CBS reality only shows with a pulse
"Sunday NIght Football" coverage of the Cowboys-Chargers exhibition game carried NBC to an easy win in the Sunday ratings, according to Nielsen's Fast Affiliate numbers.
For the night, NBC averaged a 2.9 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic, and 8.9 million viewers overall. CBS was second, thanks largely to "Big Brother," with a 1.7 demo rating and 6.7 million viewers, followed by ABC (1.3, 5.5 million) and FOX (1.2, 2.6 million).
7 p.m. -- "Dateline NBC" eked out a demo win for the hour, with a 1.5 and 6.8 million overall viewers, though CBS' "60 Minutes" (1.4, 8.5 million) was actually more-watched. An "America's Funniest Home Videos" repeat (1.2, 5.2 million) was third for ABC, followed by FOX repeats of "American Dad" and "Bob's Burgers" (0.9, 1.9 million).
8 p.m. -- "Big Brother" (3.3, 8.8 million) just edged out a demo win over football (3.2, 9.8 million), followed by "Simpsons" and "Cleveland Show" repeats on FOX (1.2, 2.7 million) and an "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" rerun on ABC (1.1, 4.7 million).
9 p.m. -- Football owned the night from here on out, averaging a 3.7 demo rating for the hour and 10.3 million viewers overall. FOX's pairing of a "Family Guy" repeat and a new "In the Flow with Affion Crockett" combined for second place in the demo (1.4, 3.1 million), though "In the Flow" lost 30 percent of its lead-in. A "20/20" special got ABC third place (1.3, 6 million), followed by a "The Good Wife" repeat on CBS (1.0, 4.2 million).
10 p.m. -- Football continued to dominate (3.1, 8.7 million), followed by more "20/20" (1.4, 5.9 million) and a "CSI: Miami" repeat on CBS (1.2, 5.2 million).
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change, particularly in the case of live events.
News From Our Partners
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING