TV Ratings: No 'Bones' about it, FOX wins Wednesday
'American Idol' also dominates its Wednesday hour for FOX
Fast National ratings for Thursday, April 14, 2009.
Among adults 18-49, FOX averaged a 5.5 rating, well ahead of second place ABC's 2.6 rating and the 2.4 rating for CBS. NBC was fourth in the key demographic with a 1.5 rating, narrowly beating the 1.1 rating for The CW.
Overall, FOX averaged an estimated 17.13 million viewers and a 10.3 rating/17 share. CBS was second with a 6.0/10, followed by the 4.2/7 for ABC. NBC finished third with a 3.9/6, still far better than the 1.7/3 for The CW.
FOX easily won the 8 p.m. hour with a 6.9/12 for a new "Bones." NBC was well back in second with its "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" repeat, edging CBS' repeat of "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and "Gary Unmarried." ABC's "Scrubs" and "Better Off Ted" averaged a 3.2/5 for fourth, beating the 2.6/4 for The CW's "America's Next Top Model," which actually finished third in the 18-49 demo, beating both CBS and NBC.
"American Idol" delivered a 13.8/21 for FOX in the 9 p.m. hour. CBS got a 6.7/10 from a "Criminal Minds" repeat to finish second. ABC's "Lost" was third with a 5.4/8, while NBC's "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" repeat was fourth. A "90210" encore on The CW was well back in fifth.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion